A short sketchout of the space. Our plan is to rent it out from 5 - 9 on the first weekend of April on that Friday and Saturday. We've got the OK for leaving equipment around, the biggest leap is going to be covering all of the costs. Arianna and I have broken it down to it being a totally possible event if we cover 850 each, which will include insurance, liquor license, and all expenses.
In regards to the drawing however, I've taken a plan into considering how much piano I want to play (see video below) and am starting to think about the development of visuals to coincide with the piano itself. In some way I'd like to visualize the piano's music itself on the front, and it would be a sort of welcome wall to come into the space.
From there the instruments would be set up in a circle around one of the pillars in the room, and there would be free and encouraged movement around the setup, as chairs, drinks, food, installed works, and dancing of course would be happening around it.
Also I'm starting to toy with the idea of extra microphones. As many as realistically possible, of course. Hopefully I can work something out with the Merriam second floor. In the drawing there are two microphones at either end of the space, one essentially being in the middle of the windows, and the other at the dark end, mimicing a playground 'telephone' game.
Also available are going to be extra clothes for anyone interested in exploring alternate 'personalities'...!
There is also a sketch of a possible metal sculpture of a mirror faced man with a hacked television for his stomach...

No comments:
Post a Comment